Marketing and ManagementPrint
This course explores and prepares students to understand and impletment skills necessary to manage businesses in all aspects of product and service selection, production and personnel management, obtaining finance, evaluating financial reports, and marketing of products and services. Included in this course will be operational strategies in starting a business, along with improving existing business.
Students will be able to:
1. know basic economic systems
2. know and understand business terminology and principals
3. know the basic concepts of starting a business
4. understand labor and management skills
5. know how to market a product or service
6. understand financial reports and the accounting system
Various teaching styles will be used throughout this course. Some of the styles include: lecture, classroom discussion, guest speakers, individual and group projects, and student presentations.
Students will be evaluated in various ways.
* Individual projects
* Group projects
Students and parents are encouraged to talk with their teacher whenever there is any concern or problem. They can be reached by phone at 857-7000 ext. 5537 or by directly emailing the teacher.
Last updated: Aug 17 2011 at 12:09 pm