Steps to RespectPrint
The Steps to Respect program takes a whole-school approach to bullying, bringing staff, students, and families into the picture. A school-wide approach sends a message to students that it’s safe to come forward when there is a problem and that adults will take steps to help them.
Elements of the Program
- A comprehensive Program Guide gives administrators, teachers, and counselors step-by-step tools for developing policies and implementing the program.
- In-depth training ensures that all adults who have contact with students integrate core program concepts into every aspect of the school day.
- Engaging classroom lessons for Grades 3-5 or 4-6 give children the skills they need to recognize and refuse bullying, maintain friendships, and resolve conflicts.
- Coaching training and booster sessions provide extra support for staff members.
- Family trainings and materials reinforce bullying prevention skills at home.
Last updated: Sep 2, 2009 at 3:39 pm